Saturday, December 22, 2007

Slushie

Everyone on station takes turns being slushie. There are two slushies everyday, and they help out the chef by cleaning up some of the common areas, doing dishes and generally trying to help out. Some people complain about it, but really it isn't too hard and can be a bit of fun. There was also plenty of people not on the slushie roster who were happy to help out occasionally, which makes things run smoother. I was rostered on for the very first day of the slushie roster. I spent the morning cleaning out the bar and lounge area (called "The Wallow") paying particular attention to the coffee machine that I intend to be using on a fairly regular basis. once all he cleaning and tidying was done, I helped put out the food for lunch and after lunch, we cleared up did some dishes, ran the burnable garage up to the incinerator and had a couple of hours off before sorting out dinner. There are a lot of different attitudes towards having to do slushie duties, but I think that I actually look forward to doing something different for a day occasionally.

No comments: