Saturday, December 22, 2007

Goodbye Dave

I have been told that I don't have to do any more work regarding re-supply as it is more important to get information out of Dave's head. Re-supply is going really well and I was asked if I would have had enough time with Dave if the boat left tonight (only three whole days after it arrived!). Anyway, I said hat it really wasn't long enough, but I wasn't going to expect the ship to hang round on my account, so I spent the entire day in Dave's room as people continued to pack his gear and generally say their goodbyes. I took heaps and heaps of notes and tried to record bits of it on an MP3 player. Dave gave me an absolute heap of information on a removable hard-drive and suggest that I get in quick and ask if I could move into his room (it has a much better view than mine). I was thankful that he had come out of the anesthetic without any real grogginess and was able to sped an entire day simply passing the information on. Eventually we had to call it a day, and Dave was assisted out to the heli-pad and loaded into a chopper to be carried out to the ship. He intended to wave to all the poor people that were heading out to the boat across the sea-ice in land vehicles. Here's a photo of Dave on his way! I think I'm going to be busy.

No comments: