Monday, September 3, 2007

Mt. Wellington

On the weekend, my roommate and I hiked up Mt. Wellington form our Hotel room, close to the middle of Hobart. We climbed up over Knocklofty (a small foothill of Wellington) and back down past the Cascade Brewery. Here's me on top of Knocklofty:

Here are some more pictures of the walk. This is a rainbow seen from just below the summit:

Here's a picture of the deteriorating weather on the summit as we descended:

And finally, a picture of my room-mate Danny.

The walk was quite hard (20+ kilometres and more than 1000 metres of climb and descent). We climbed quite fast in the morning and I had to stop on the final stretch to the summit due to cramp in my quads. Luckily the cramping cleared up, and we made the remainder of the journey fairly without hassle. Starting at around 7am meant that we were able to return by 3pm and have a relaxed afternoon before heading to bed suitably exhausted.

No comments: